- Death in the UK, statistics, most common causes of death
- Death in the UK: The final taboo?
- Terminal illness, End of life decisions and palliative care
- Hospices, Hospitals or Home?
Effects of grief. Likely emotions and behaviours
The grief cycle
- Death of a Partner
- Death of a Parent
- Dealing with the death of a serving or past employee as an organisation
- Support available for bereaved children
- Baby or Child death
- Traumatic death including suicide and murder
- Military deaths
- Covid 19 deaths
- Initial communication with the Employee who has just suffered a bereavement. What should the organisation do? Or say?
- Dealing with loneliness and organisations that can help
- Support available
Returning to work: Meeting with the employee
- What to say and what not to say
- What can help?
- Suggested phased return and flexible working arrangements
- Anniversaries (date of death, birthday, mothers day, wedding anniversary etc) and triggers
- Grief: The emotional roller coaster: Remembering that grief comes in waves
- Remembering a loved one in a positive way
- Healing after loss
What is included?
- 3 hours Online training session and certificates
- A maximum of 5 participants from your organisation can join this live session
- Post session: You will be sent a tool kit for download so that all employees can access immediately. This offers support and guidance either for themselves or how to best support an employee or colleague.
- You will also be sent the recording of the webinar so that you may use this in house in training others, present or future.
- Friday 1 April 2022: 10am – 1pm