Pre session you will be sent a Journal in the form of a PDF document. This is to be completed whilst you attend the online training session.
This will act as a valuable record for yourself and will be very useful to take to meetings with your Line Manager.
A Q and A is available post session and you may email us with any queries or advice there after.
- Congratulations! Telling your employer
- The importance of Antenatal care and classes (NHS and classes available privately)
- Looking after yourself at work – what can help from morning sickness to a bad back and general health and safety
- Planning and preparing for parental leave
- Why parental leave is an emotional time and how to reduce and manage the impact
- How will going on parental leave affect your finances? -How to prepare for this?
- Handover – what should be included in your handover document?
- What are KIT/ SPLIT days and what can they be used for?
- Easing into parental leave
- The communication plan – keeping in touch – consider how much contact you would like
- Return to work plan. Consider: How much leave you would like to take, whether you would like to be considered for flexible working on return
- What is flexible working?
- Different types of flexible working
- Considering your career priorities and goals
- Consider any career goals that you would like to pursue whilst on leave – you may want to take that training course that you have been meaning to get around to
- Further support and resources